The 26-year-old rapper died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol, according to a toxicology report released by the L.A. County Coroner's Office.
An estimated 200 people die of overdoses every day, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration. He also had blood coming out of one of his nostrils. He was found unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene. A rolled $20 bill with "powdery residue" was found in the artist's right pocket. Pills reportedly recovered from the home included Xanax, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and generic Adderall.
Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, died around noon on September 7 in a bedroom of his Studio City, Calif. home.
Miller's death came just months after he split from Ariana Grande and weeks after he was charged with a DUI.
"That's why this is such a shock", the insider said of the night, People magazine reported.
"It is outrageous that Poisonous Synthetic Heroin Fentanyl comes pouring into the U.S. Postal System from China", he wrote on August 20. Last year, the country experienced a record number of drug overdoses, an increase driven by synthetic opioid use, the CDC found.