Waffle House Hero Says Donald Trump's Phone Call Was "Lackluster"

Adjust Comment Print

James Shaw Jr., the diner who risked his life last month disarming the Waffle House shooter, has collected his second badge for distinctive badassery - this one for presenting victims and their families with nearly $250,000 that he himself crowdfunded over the last three weeks.

The family of a man killed in the Waffle House shooting has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the father of the suspected gunman.

"The conversation was a little lackluster, to be honest with you", James Shaw Jr.

However, he also added, "I know he's very busy with what's going on in the world". (RELATED: This 29-Year-Old "Hero" Saved Several Lives During Tennessee Waffle House Shooting, Police Say).

The White House confirmed on Monday that the president had spoken with Shaw, USA Today reported, although it did not release any details of the conversation between the pair.

Smith, of 3406 35th Ave., and Hall, of 2829 32nd Ave., have been charged with aggravated assault, shooting into a dwelling and shooting into a vehicle, Meridian police said. The shooter fled on foot and eventually was apprehended.

The eight families, all representing the victims who were killed or injured, released balloons in honor of the four people who were killed.

Comments