Save the Children is under pressure to explain why Brendan Cox, widower of the murdered MP Jo Cox, was allowed to resign before the charity completed its investigation into sexually inappropriate behaviour towards women. Now he's resigning from two of those organizations over sexual assault allegations.
Cox has denied these allegations, but he previously left a role at the Save the Children charity over a separate incident in 2015.
Leadbeater said she would also continue the work of More in Common and The Jo Cox Foundation. "My actions were never malicious but they were at times inappropriate", Cox tweeted.
The claims against Mr Cox were made by a former colleague at Save the Children and reported in the Mail on Sunday.
Husband of slain MP Jo Cox steps down after misconduct claim
"I am committed to holding myself to much higher standards of personal conduct in the future", he said. We all make mistakes.
Jo Cox, a Labour MP, was shot and stabbed outside her constituency office in West Yorkshire by a far-right extremist during the European Union referendum campaign in June 2016. Brendan is a wonderful father and I have no doubt about the happiness he brought to Jo.
"People have looked up to him and while we are all upset to read some of the stuff that has been printed, those people need to know that they are right to admire him for everything he has said and done since Jo's death".
Brendan Cox said he wanted to apologize "deeply and unreservedly" for his past behavior. "We had hard times, we had incredible times, but I'm not going to recount conversations I had with her".
"Certainly, I had too much to drink at times", he told the paper.
Mr Cox's resignation comes as charities face increased scrutiny in the wake of the Oxfam Haiti scandal.
Oxfam, an organisation with which Ms Cox was involved, is battling the fallout from revelations some of its staff engaged sex workers while delivering aid after the 2010 quake in Haiti.